Foreign Change

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Entertainment/Recreation and other Thrifty topics.

Can I exchange my foreign coins when I return to the US?

Foreign Change

When traveling in a foreign country, make sure to spend all your change (i.e. coins) before you return to the US. Banks here will change the paper currency into US dollars, but unfortunately will not change foreign coins.



Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Thrifty Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.